Saturday, March 22, 2003

Technical difficulties in using WMD

While arguing on rec.arts.sf.fandom about whether non-use of WMD by Iraq in this war will prove that they didn't have any in the first place (imagine my suprise to learn that extreme right-wingers think not), someone claimed that there had been a report earlier in the week that Iraqi local commanders had been given authority to use WMD. He seemed to think this was a decisive argument; why such a claim from a US source (I'm assuming that's where it came from) would prove anything I've no idea.

In any case, I haven't been able to find any such news item. While looking for it, I did find an interesting article by Joe Katzman which touches on the problems of actually using such weapons under the conditions in the war.

No comments: