Monday, August 13, 2012

Blackburnian etc.

I see one of my favorite bird bloggers posted another of my sightings:
http://mariewinnnaturenews.blogspot.com/2012/08/blackburnian.html - "Ed Gaillard is very cool about his Blackburnian. If I had been reporting one I probably would have let myself go with CAPS and exclamation points!"

I guess I just like to make my reports concise and matter-of-fact.  But also, I didn't find the bird, a couple of other birders pointed her (pretty sure it was a female) out to me.

And I have a skewed perspective on account of not having birded very long.  I had a bunch of good Blackburnian sightings this Spring:

Blackburnian Warbler, Central Park

so maybe I don't fully appreciate what a good sighting this was.

I also had a Northern Parula, Redstart, Baltimore Oriole, and Northern Waterthrush today. The migrants are returning in force already, and it's not even the middle of August.

No comments: