Tuesday, August 21, 2012

NEVER MIND THE FLYING CHUNKS OF CONCRETE, JUST GET THE DAMN PICTURE


So the Second Avenue Subway contruction had a minor mishap today:


This photo was taken by

...John Wilson, 69, of Wilmington, N.C., who was out exercising a new hip implant when the explosion happened.

Wilson, who underwent hip-replacement last week at the nearby Hospital for Special Surgery, was with his wife, Roberta, when they arrived at the scene just moments before the earth moved.

"We were right in the middle of it," Wilson told the Daily News. "We were crossing Second Ave. and a worker says, 'Would you like to see something really cool happen.' Then boom!

"I started feeling the dust and the debris hitting me," Wilson said. "The rocks were right in my face."

Wilson said he immediately started snapping away with his camera, taking dramatic photos of the sky-high blast.

(That's all from the Daily News story linked above.)

John Wilson is my new hero. I want to be like him when I grow up.

No comments: